Police Frequently Asked Questions


 How do I hire an Officer?

To hire a Police Officer for a private event or traffic duty at a construction site, please call 203-744-7900.

 How do I request traffic enforcement in my neighborhood?

Please contact Lieutenant Durkin at 203-744-7900 ext. 102

 How do I obtain fingerprints?

The Bethel Police Department provides fingerprinting services for Town of Bethel residents, out of town residents applying for employment within Bethel, and for Bethel Board of Education applications only. This service is provided on Wednesdays from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Fingerprint cards should be obtained from your employer.

We currently require an appointment. 

The fee is $10.00 per card for Bethel residents and $20 per card for non-residents. There is no charge for Bethel Board of Education fingerprints. Visit our full fingerprinting pagePlease pay special attention to the new state requirements.  

 How do I obtain a CT Pistol Permit Application?

A Pistol Permit application for the Town of Bethel may be obtained at the Police Department, or online. Applications will only be issued to current Bethel residents.

Also, please visit our full fingerprinting page (all fingerprint applications require an appointment). Please note, pre-enrollment is required for all pistol permit applications. Please follow the directions on the application page or your request may be rejected.  

 How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Police reports are available at the Records Division, Mon-Fri, from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, except on legal holidays. If this is inconvenient, please contact the Records Division at 203-744-7900 and select option #3 to make other arrangements.

 How do I report a crime or incident?

Please call 911 if an emergency exists or 203-744-7900 for general complaints. Complaints can also be made in person at Police Headquarters.

 How do I pay a parking ticket?

Parking tickets can be mailed to Bethel Police Headquarters or paid there in person.

 How do I have a Child Safety Seat installed?

The Department is staffed with several officers who are trained in the installation of Child Safety Seats. Installations/inspections are done by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 203-744-7900 ext. 693 and leaving a voicemail message (this is a voicemail only phone line and it is only checked periodically). A technician will then contact you to schedule an appointment. This service is free, however, donations are greatly appreciated and they are strictly used for child safety events, training, and related equipment.

You can also make an appointment online.

 How can I become a Bethel Police Officer?

The Bethel Police Department is not currently hiring. Please visit our employment opportunities page often to check for future employment postings.

 How do I register an alarm or business contact information?

To register a residential or business alarm, or to register key holder and business owner contact information, click here.