Bennett Memorial Park
It is the policy of the Board of Selectmen to encourage the use of the Bennett Property for the use of Bethel community groups and/or organizations. Bennett Memorial Park is owned by the Town of Bethel and as such is open to the general public. Your rental fee provides for the use of the kitchen facilities, pavilion, indoor room, indoor and outdoor bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and DOES NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond. Generally speaking, if "someone" sees that there is an activity going on at the facility, they respect that use and leave the property.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR RESERVING THE PARK:
A Certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town of Bethel as an Additional Insured is required. Failure to obtain appropriate insurance will result in the loss of your rental fee and reserved date. Without the required insurance - you may not rent the facility.
2017 Rental Fee - Applications will be accepted beginning March 15, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in the Parks and Recreation Office.
Weekday Rental M-F $200.00 - Bethel Residents
Weekday Rental M-F $225.00 - Bethel Residents (over 125 in attendance)
Weekday Rental M-F $275.00 - non resident
Weekday Rental M-F $325.00 - non resident (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekday Rental M-F $100.00 - (SCOUTS ONLY)
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $250.00 – Bethel Residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $275.00 – Bethel residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $375.00 – non residents
Weekend Rental Sat or Sun $425.00 – non residents (over 125 in attendance) *
Rental Fees Are Non Refundable
A $250.00 deposit is refunded once the facility has been checked and is left in good condition.
*We reserve the right to establish a security/cleaning deposit higher than the standard $250 rate and implement the requirement to hire a police officer for traffic control.
A $25.00 deposit is refunded upon the return of the key next business day.
You Must Carry Your Own Liability Insurance in the amount of $500,000 naming the Town Of Bethel as an Additional Insured, This Certificate must be in our office two (2) weeks prior to your event.
Note: If you are unable to provide the appropriate insurance, your rental fee will not be refunded. Please make sure you can obtain the insurance needed before submitting your application.
- 23 picnic tables that seat ten people under cover.
- Two large charcoal grills and two small charcoal grills.Small grills are under cover.
- Bathrooms have 5 stalls and two sinks and are not handicap accessible.
- Garbage cans are not provided. A dumpster is on site for you to put your trash after your event. Please take all recyclables with you.
- Volleyball net, horseshoes and bocce balls are provided and are located in the kitchen area.
- Small playground area.
- Light switches located in kitchen and are marked. Turn off before leaving premises.
- One industrial refrigerator and two freezers.
- One electric stove with six burners and one rack in oven.
- Three large sinks and one hand washing sink.
- Two prep tables.
- Cleaning supplies (including dishcloths, towels detergents, etc.) are NOT provided. Small containers for garbage are NOT provided, only a commercial container for final clean-up.
- Four tables and 39 chairs.
- Two bathrooms – both are handicap accessible.
- Air conditioned.
- Your rental is for the day you reserved. You are not allowed to go into the premises before the day of your rental.
- The town will not assume responsibility for food, beverage, or any other articles left anywhere on the premises either before or after your use of the park.
- Wading or swimming in the pond is strictly prohibited.Anyone violating this rule will be immediately ejected from the park.
- Your rental fee is for the use of the pavilion, kitchen facilities, indoor room, bathroom facilities and outdoor cooking areas and does NOT provide for the exclusive use of the property and pond.**Generally speaking, if people see you are having an event – they are respectful and stay away.**
- Please notify the Bethel Police Department at 203-744-7900 if any problem exists on arrival, if you have any problems during your event (i.e. stoves, sinks, bathrooms), and just prior to locking up that you are leaving the park.
- Organizations or individuals failing to comply with any of the above regulations will be denied future use of Bennett Memorial Park.
Bennett Memorial Park Fee information & Application