What is Bethel Forward?
The Town of Bethel is pleased to announce the start of a comprehensive study to plan the future development of the downtown area including properties surrounding and adjacent to the Bethel Train Station. The plan will be known as “BETHEL FORWARD,” and will outline the process for creating a future vision for the downtown. DPZ Partners, a worldwide leader in the field of urban planning and design, and their affiliates, have been chosen to lead this exciting effort.
How Can I Get Involved?
1. Complete a Survey -
General Public - Click here to take the general public survey
Downtown Business Owners - Click here to take the business owner survey
Downtown Property Owners - Click here to take the property owner survey
2. Attend the public sessions in the months of October and November 2015. We encourage you to attend each of these public sessions. All sessions will be located in the C.J.H.Municipal Center General Purpose Room.
October 1, 2015 at 6:30pm - Community Voices Workshop
The Community Voices workshop is an initial visioning process to collect ideas for the future of downtown Bethel.
Community Voices Presentation
During the Community Voices workshop the attendees identified the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in downtown Bethel. Click on the links to see a summary of the public's comments.
Map of the Public's Strong and Weak Places
List of the Public's Strong Places
List of the Public's Weak Places
List of the Public's Opportunities
List of the Public's Ideas
October 29, 2015 at 6:30pm – Community Choices Workshop
The Community Choices workshop takes the ideas from the Community Voices workshop and explores the issues and identifies priorities.
Presentation of the Results from the Community Voices Workshop
Existing Conditions and Charrette Presentation
Economic Development Presentation
Technical Analysis Presentation
During the workshop the attendees participated in real-time surveys on electronic keypads. Here are the results:
Community Voices Questions
Economic Development Questions
Place and Infrastructure Questions
Project Interim Report
November 16th to 20th - Community Charrette
The week-long Community Charrette is an intense and interactive design workshop. All sessions will be located in the C.J.H.Municipal Center General Purpose Room.
Full Charrette Schedule
Drop-in Times -
1. Tuesday, November 17th from 10am-6pm
2. Wednesday, November 18th from 10am-6pm
3. Thursday, November 19th from 10am-6pm
Public Meetings -
1. Public Open House and Presentation - Tuesday, November 17th at 7pm
2. Final Charrette Presentation - Thursday, November 19 at 7pm
Bethel Forward DRAFT Master Plan -/filestorage/1190/136/8405/1517-BethelForward-FinalDraft-16MAR10.pdf
- Presentation of the DRAFT Master Plan will be at 7:00pm on April 27, 2016 in the C.J.H.Municipal Center General Purpose Room
Comments to the draft master plan can be:
1. Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
2. Mailed to the Land Use Department at The Bethel Municipal Center, 1 School Street, Bethel, CT 06801
Comments will be accepted until April 27, 2016.
Bethel Forward Master Plan -/filestorage/1190/136/8405/1517-BethelForward-Final-16JUL18_(1).pdf
Who Can I Contact for More Information?
Contact the Land Use Department at 203-794-8578 or email@example.com.
11-17-2015: News-Times - Public meetings this week could shape Bethel's future
9-11-2015: News-Times - Public input sought for Bethel revitalization efforts
7-30-2015: News-Times - Bethel downtown revitalization study moves forward
2-22-2015: News-Times - Big plans for Bethel as town proposes about developing around the train station