The Town Engineer provides the following for the Town of Bethel:
- Professional engineering services for the Town Departments, agencies and boards.
- In-house design of Capital Improvement Projects and inspection of construction for conformance to plans
- Review design of development plans for subdivision and commercial developments
- Evaluates and coordinates services provided by consulting engineers
- Provides construction administrative services and engineering advice on major Town funded projects
The Engineering Division is also responsible for the inspection and maintenance of the Town's bridges and dams. The Division is developing a bridge program for the design and replacement of the bridges that are in poor condition.
Public Works Approval Process for New Construction